Hello everyone! You all probably recognize me (maybe) from my illustrative series with Dandy during the Holiday season. Now, I’m back and I’m here to blog about pretty much anything and everything. My first post is to celebrate the Summer Solstice aka the longest day of the year. What other way to celebrate that than to make some fun popsicles that scream “SUMMER?”
Honestly, this is my first time making these popsicles and I’m here to share with you all the results.
Summer is the season for peaches and since we’re in the South, we are abundant in our peaches! I went to the farmers market last weekend and bought some local ripe peaches to make these peach themed popsicles for you all. I tried out two recipes to give a little variety and, oh my, they turned out so delicious! I’m the type of DIY-er that likes to keep things simple: simple ingredients and simple instructions. Without further ado, here are the two DIY, super simple, peach popsicles.
Creamy Coconut Peach Pops
makes: 4 popsicles
1 5.3oz of coconut vanilla greek yogurt (I bought mine from Aldi. 89 cents per container, what?! Unreal and delicious)
2 ripe peaches
1/4 tsp of honey (optional if you like sweeter popsicles)
1 popsicle mold (you can find these anywhere, but I stopped by the dollar store and they had a mold of four so I snagged that)
- Peel and dice up peaches then puree them (add the honey in this step if you’re about that sweet honey life)
- Fill up the mold with a few scoops of the greek yogurt (I recommend only about two scoops to fill the top since you’re going to be doing this again after the peach add on)
- Freeze for 20 minutes so the yogurt sets a bit
- Add the peach puree a little more than halfway, leaving room for one more layer of greek yogurt
- Freeze for another 20 minutes
- Top off the pop with the yogurt
- Freeze overnight
So simple, right? You’re going to love this SUPER simple Sangria Pop up next.
Sangria Peach Pops*
makes: 4 popsicles
2 cups of Sangria Sparkling Cocktail
Half a peach, peeled and sliced thinly
Any wine of your choice to add to the Sangria mix
*I made mine non-alcoholic
- Fill up your popsicle mold halfway with the Sangria mix
- Top off with a few thinly sliced peaches (these will float at the base of your pops)
- Freeze overnight!
- Yummy delicious, super easy Sangria Pops
I hope you Dandy-lovers enjoy this super easy way to enjoy some summer popsicles!